Part-time work | Flexible working hours | Join a group of dynamic researchers and experts
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Title/Position: Research Assistant
- Nature of Employment: Contract of Service
- Remuneration: Php 10,000.00 (ten thousand pesos) per month
- Inclusive Dates: Initial contract of three (3) months, beginning August 1, 2018 (subject to expansion/renewal)
Scope of Work
The Research Assistant is contracted for a number of ongoing and pipelined research projects supported by the Institute. These projects, in broad strokes, are: (a) Election-related policy reforms, and (b) Perceptions on democratic institutions. The Research Assistant is expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support in the research process, including but not limited to: Desk review, Literature review; Data collation and processing; Coordination for FGDs and KIIs; Preparation of interview notes and/or transcripts
- Provide support in transforming existing working papers and drafts into other formats (academic, popular) as needed by ongoing and pipelined projects
The Research Assistant will receive a gross professional fee of Php 10,000.00 (ten thousand pesos) per month. The offer covers a three-month engagement, which, subject to quality of work and diligence of the Research Assistant, and internal considerations of the Institute, may be subject to expansion, renewal, and/or another offer.
Required Skills and Expertise
The Research Assistant must have:
- Research skills following academic standards and rigour
- Experience in qualitative and basic quantitative research method
- Project management skills and complementary qualities of diligence, attention to detail, and efficiency in carrying out tasks
This is a part-time engagement. The Research Assistant is expected to report to the assigned Supervisor on a regular basis, but shall conduct most of the work on mobile arrangements. Graduate school students may consider applying for the role.
Interested applicants may send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Czarina Medina-Guce, Executive Director: (a) Letter of application explaining aptitude and fitness for the role, (b) CV. Sample works are recommended but not required.
This is urgent hiring and applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.